The Park will create thousands of jobs and catalyze year-round economic opportunity
WHAT: Born from a desire to advance unity and patriotism in America, the founder of Wreaths Across America, Morrill Worcester, will unveil Flagpole of Freedom Park – an apolitical project 12 years in the making.
This Park will become the only place in the country to honor all 24 million American veterans in one location.
Standing taller than the Empire State Building, the Park will fly the world’s largest American flag from the tallest flagpole in the world, symbolizing the commitment and sacrifice veterans make to protect America’s freedom.
The Park will humanize key milestones that have shaped American history and will feature immersive educational experiences and living history museums. Phase 1 will open on July 4, 2026 – America’s 250th birthday.
Located in Columbia Falls, the large-scale project will catalyze economic development for the State of Maine, creating an estimated 8,000+ year-round jobs and $27M in tax revenue.
WHEN: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 11:00 a.m. Eastern
WHERE: Livestream link
- Morrill Worcester, Founder & Chairman of the Board, Flagpole of Freedom
- Senator Marianne Moore (R), Washington County Maine
- Chris Gardner, Washington County Commissioner
- Tony Santiago, Chair, Columbia Falls Select Board
- Tim Gatz, Maine Tourism Alliance
- Maine State Chamber of Commerce
- Tricia Thurston, American Legion, Department of Maine
DETAILS: Flagpole of Freedom Park: https://www.flagpoleoffreedom.com/launch/